Friday 30 May 2008

You should read Darcie Dennigan's Corinna A-maying the Apocalypse



I'm reading this book right now, and I'm enjoying it so much, I felt the need to spread the word. Rather than writing a full scale review of the book -- you already know that I like it, and critical overviews usually fail to describe the reasons for a reader's enthusiasm for a work, especially work that's as inimitable as Dennigan's delightfully idiosyncratic poetry (plus, no one is paying me to write one) -- I have assembled a round-up of poems and digital ephemera from the World Wide Web so you can get to know the work on your own. It's remarkably mature work for a first-time poet, and it's also fresh, affirmatively sinister, and an absolute pleasure to read. I recommend it highly.



POEMS

Corinna A-Maying the Apocalypse
Orienteering in the Land of the New Pirates
Bullet
Departure of Tenderness
Combatives #1 vol.2 (pdf)


REVIEWS
Slate
Coldfront


MISCELLANEOUS
Publisher's Listing
Poetry Daily Profile
The Canon Come Again (short article)
Poets Out Loud Prize

Order in Canada
Amazon.ca (Hardcover)
Amazon.ca (Paperback)

Order in the USA
Amazon.com (Hardcover)
Amazon.com (Paperback)

2 comments:

Brenda Schmidt said...

Impressive!

Grace O'Connell said...

That's quite the review on Slate -- I will check it out! Thanks for the recommendation.